Navigating the Scene
Use your mouse or touchscreen to easily navigate in and around your FormIt models:
- Orbit by right-clicking and dragging the mouse or swiping across the screen for touch-enabled devices. This will use your cursor point in 3D space about which to orbit the camera.
- You can also hold the Shift key to Pan.
- Zoom in and out by scrolling the mouse wheel up and down, or pinching for touch-enabled devices. This will use a point in 3D space at which to zoom to, and will slow down the zoom as you approach a surface or another object.
- You can also hold Ctrl to zoom at a constant rate, not affected by proximity to objects.
- Pan by middle-clicking and dragging the mouse, or dragging two fingers for touch-enabled devices.
You can also use the floating navigation toolbar on the right side of the canvas to go into specific view modes. Shortcuts are noted in parentheses.
Default 3D View (ZD): Launches the default 3D view.
Walkthrough (FT): “Jetpack” mode allows you to walk through the scene using your keyboard. Use WASD to move forward/backward/left/right, and use Q/E to move up/down. Use the spacebar key to "fly."
Orbit (O): When enabled, left-click and drag the mouse to orbit around the model. You can also do this at any time by right-click and dragging.
Swivel (SV): Use the Swivel tool from the Navigation toolbar to look around the scene from a fixed point.
Pan (P): Click and drag the middle mouse button, or use the Pan (hand) tool from the Navigation toolbar to pan across the scene.
Zoom (Z): Scroll the mouse wheel, or select the Zoom tool from the Navigation toolbar and click and drag the left mouse button to zoom.
Zoom All (ZE or ZA): Zoom to fit the entire model into the current view
Zoom Selection (ZS): Zoom to fit all of the currently selected objects into the current view.