Comment on page
The FormIt Plugin Manager works as a hub for discovering and managing Formit plugins.
The Plugin Manager is loaded automatically when FormIt starts, as long as FormIt has access to the internet.
You can access the Plug-In Manager by clicking its tab icon on the right side of the application window:
- Installed plugins
- Recommended plugins
- Plugins that the FormIt team recommends to expand FormIt's core functionality and unlock new workflows.
- Community-developed plugins will appear here after being approved by the FormIt team. More details to come on this in the future.
- Public plugins
- Plugins built by the community, but which have not been reviewed or approved by the FormIt team.
- Managing Plugins:
- Click on a plugin name to see its description.
- Toggle the switch to install or uninstall it.
- The plugin will manifest as a toolbar at the top of the application, a panel on the right side, or a dialog in the middle, depending on the plugin type.
The FormIt Plugin Manager
- Plugins are web-based and available in FormIt for Windows and FormIt for Web.
- Plugins are comprised of a series of files and folders hosted on GitHub, or on a local server when building your own.
- External plugins (plugins not hosted locally) require an internet connection to initially load, which means:
- External plugins will not load if no internet connection is detected when FormIt starts.
- Once loaded, some external plugins can continue to work in offline mode for that session, but others might break until connectivity is restored.
- External plugins load the latest code on the server at every run, so their functionality will update whenever the author pushes a change.
- Plugins are loaded asynchronously, which means the order of the plugins in the FormIt interface may change with each new session.
- The Plugin Manager uses registry keys on Windows to store your installed repositories and plugins.
- If you need to reset your Plugin Manager to its defaults, delete the following registry key:
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\FormIt 360\Plugins
- Note this will uninstall all user-added repos and plugins, resetting the Plugin Manager to include only the built-in repos and plugins.