Faces: Tilt and Facet/Smooth
To create more complex designs after sketching a shape or placing a primitive, you can use several contextual tools to modify your geometry. These operations include Tilt, Array, and Copy and Paste.
To tilt a face:
- 1.Select a face and right-click to see the context menu.
- 2.Choose the Tilt icon from the context menu.
- 3.Define the tilt axis by drawing a line.
- 4.Click a third point to start the tilt operation.
If you hover over a face and notice dotted lines, this means the face is made up of smaller faces due to the face being warped. To turn the dotted lines into model edges:
- 1.Select the face or object that you want to change and right-click to see the context menu.
- 2.From the context menu, choose the Facet Smooth Faces tool.
- 3.Edges are automatically added where the face was previously smooth.
This command works in the opposite way, also: you can select faces that are faceted and select the Facet Smooth Faces tool from the context menu to hide the edges and make the faces appear smooth.