1.14 - Export Image
In this chapter, we will be exporting a high-resolution image of the sectional perspective scene we have built up over the last few chapters.
Although not required to complete this chapter, if you did not follow the whole tutorial up until this point and would like to export images similar to what is shown below, download and open the 1.14 – Export Image.axm file from the FormIt Primer Part 1 Datasets.
1 - When exporting an image, whatever is shown in the canvas will be exported almost exactly as you see it in FormIt. We would like to export an image of the Section Scene.
- 1.So first we need to open up that scene form the Scenes Palette by double-click on it.
- 2.From the Main Manu bar, go to File > Export > Locally (Ctrl + E). The Export File window will pop-up.
- 3.In the new window, under File type options scroll down and select As Image (it is the last one). In the export options box, after Preset: changes the dropdown option to be 4K UHD instead of Viewport. This will automatically define the output image resolution, Dimension (px), to 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- 4.Click on Export and the Specify file to save to… window will pop-up.
- 5.In the new window, navigate to choose the location and name to save the image at, then click Save.
2 - If you wish to compare your results to the provided export image, go to Farnsworth House Data Set > Supporting Files > Images.
Provided sample export image from the Farnsworth House Data Set.