Download and Installation
- FormIt for Windows. You can download from Autodesk.com
- An Autodesk 360 Account. You can create one for free from A360.com
- Revit 2017, 2018, or 2019 - This is only required for the section on Revit Interoperability
- FormIt Add-In for Revit is included with the 2017, 2018, or 2019 versions of Revit. If it is not installed, you can download and manually install the plugin from our website on Autodesk.com
Recommended System Configuration for FormIt on Windows
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8.1, or 10
Note: Parallels on Mac OS X is not supported
|CPU||Single- or Multi-Core Intel® Pentium®, Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology. Highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended.|
|Memory||4 GB RAM minimum, 8GB or higher recommended.|
|Video Card (GPU)||A discrete NVIDIA or AMD GPU that supports OpenGL 3.2 and DirectX 11 or higher is strongly recommended. For systems with switchable graphics cards, follow manufacturer instructions to ensure FormIt always uses the dedicated GPU. See instructions for AMD and NVIDIA.
For best performance and reliability, ensure your graphics card drivers are up-to-date from the manufacturer's website or Windows Update. If you're experiencing crashing when FormIt starts, please reach out on the forums.
|Disk Space||1 GB free disk space.|
|Connectivity and Licensing||An Autodesk 360 account entitled with a FormIt Pro cloud subscription is required to run FormIt Pro on Windows. FormIt Pro is available as part of the Autodesk AEC Collection.|
Recommended Windows DPI Settings
FormIt for Windows works best when the screen it's displayed on is set to 125% or less DPI scaling in Windows.
You can change this in Windows 10 by doing the following:
- Search "Display" in the Start Menu, and choose "Change Display Settings"
- Select the rectangle representing the monitor you'll be using FormIt on
- Under "Scale and Layout" section, change the "size of text, apps, and other items" dropdown to 125% or less